Tuesday 27 December 2011

Breakdown - breaks down

Where have I been?
I've been sick. Seriously. I've had my notes from HABS/HAWKS and HABS/JETS staring at me for days. I just haven't been able to sit at a computer long enough to type much up.

In short, The Habs deserved a better fate in Chicago. Like in Boston before a couple of errors proved fatal. PK Subban paid the price being a healthy scratch the next night. Deservedly so. While he wasn't the only one making errors, 2 games in a row costly errors by him led to goals. Chris Campoli is likely to be next.

Campoli has at times looked very good, but it seems the bad with him far outweighs the good. Almost like Patrice Brisebois reincarnated. Although, not quite as good a first passer as the Breezer, nor are his mistakes as frequent.

I've been fighting a pretty bad flu the last couple days - and with a scheduled vacation coming up this weekend, I've been resting. Please rest assured however, that "The Breakdown" will not breakdown in my absence  - I have lined up an overly qualified excellent fill-in to recap the games while I am incommunicado.

I'll leave the official announcement on the interim replacement for a few days yet, and look forward to having something new up tomorrow.

I also noticed that over the last few days, "The Breakdown" has surpassed 1000 article reads. I am humbled and grateful for the overwhelming support readers have given this blog. I look forward to your comments, and am glad to have all of you aboard!

I've been away from the sports radio machine of TSN 990 the last few days, but continue to hear excellent things about "The Kaufman Show" (late Monday Nights) "The Midnight Snack" (late Thurs Nights) and Conor Mckenna's fill-in work for Mitch Melnick on "Melnick in the afternoon".

Enjoy holiday time. Enjoy your families...and hopefully enjoy the Habs games.

No comments:

Post a Comment